Checklists: A Good Resolution For Your Property
Remembering to upkeep general maintenance around your home and business can be difficult at times with how busy daily life can be. In the first week of every quarter we recommend you set aside about an hour to make sure everything is running properly and address anything that needs attention. This will help you be more prepared for the unexpected. Make sure if something needs attention you address it right away- it’s never too late to start a good habit!
- Check and possibly change batteries in smoke detectors and CO detectors
- Check and possibly change water filters under kitchen sink and in ice makers in fridge
- Change furnace filter and be aware of next maintenance due date
- Check fire extinguishers and replace if needed
- Check and test earthquake valve at the gas meter
- Check all outdoor faucets and cover if weather is cold
- Check water heater and be aware of next maintenance due date
- Check all faucets and drains for normal flow
- Check all major appliances to ensure no leaks are present; washing amchine, dishwasher, garbage disposal
- Inspect crawl space and attic to ensure proper ventilation and that the space is free of pests
- Complete a walk-around and check siding, roof, walkways and general exterior
- Check outside lights and replace as needed
SERVPRO of Lynnwood hopes that this list will help you plan for a successful and emergency free New Year! Call us for more information about emergency preparedness; 425-774-1148.