If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (425) 774-1148

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Understanding Why Mold Grows

3/27/2019 (Permalink)

Many homeowners worry about mold growing in their house and causing damage or lowering the value or putting residents at risk. Mold is a very specific problem with predictable causes, so it is unlikely to affect any home that does not have a moisture problem. Learn the truth about mold growth, different types, and the causes. If you find mold in Lynnwood, WA be sure to call a restoration specialist from SERVPRO of Lynnwood for expert advice and cleaning protocol.

What is Mold?

Mold is essentially a type of fungus that grows in wood or other materials commonly found in buildings. Mold spores can be found everywhere, and the only thing mold needs to grow is excessive moisture. There are multiple types of mold, including black mold and grey mold. Mold can be difficult to get rid of once it is found, especially if it has spread. It is important to understand and be on the lookout for it, especially during the rainy months in the Pacific Northwest.

Preventing Mold Growth

Because mold requires moisture to grow, the best way to prevent it is to control water and humidity in your home. The most common causes of mold growth are: broken or leaking pipes, broken water supply, leaking roofs, humid weather or Flooding.

Make sure your roof is not leaking and that your gutters and water spouts direct water away effectively. Check your basement, crawl space, and attic occasionally to find signs of moisture or the early stages of mold. Always be aware of any moisture that develops on your walls, floors, or ceiling.

Is Mold Dangerous?

The vast majority of mold is not dangerous to your health; however there are some types of mold that can cause health problems therefore should be addressed. No one type of mold is toxic or poisonous on its own, but it does create toxic spores which should be remediated.

Visit http://www.SERVPROlynnwood.com for more information about the services we provide.

Other News

View Recent Posts