If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (425) 774-1148

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Quick Facts About Mold Growth in Commercial Buildings

4/1/2019 (Permalink)

It’s not every day that you come into contact with mold. Therefore, knowing the warning signs of this fungal nuisance — like high humidity or neglected water damage — and determining the cause of contamination in your building can be understandably difficult. If your commercial property in Washington is under attack by mold growth and you are concerned here is some basic information about effects of mold.

*Mold and mold spores are ever-present entities. Mold spores are all around you anywhere you go, whether you’re indoors or outdoors, and more often than not they’re not harmful. The real issue comes when the mold finds perfect breeding grounds in high-moisture areas and begins to quickly grow out of control. This gives it time to mutate from a benign strain to something more dangerous to humans, like black mold.

*If you fear mold growth is present in your building, close off the area, turn the HVAC system off and call for professional help. Since mold spores are airborne, they can be spread through the airflow coming from your HVAC system. When you’re worried that one area of your property might be contaminated, turning off the building’s airflow keeps the potentially dangerous spores from spreading outward to other rooms or levels. This quick action also benefits the mold remediation team when they arrive to contain and clean up the mess.

*Never let water issues go untreated. Unhealthy mold development is triggered by moisture, so neglecting any water maintenance problems such as leaky pipes, poorly insulated windows or flood damage is simply asking for trouble. Contacting restoration specialists is the best move for finding the true source of water leaks and stopping further damage.

Once you acknowledge these common facts about mold, you’ll be more readily prepared to spot any potential warning signs in your building. Knowing that you should treat water damage or high humidity immediately makes preventing mold growth a far easier concept.

More information about mold is on our webpage at http://www.SERVPROlynnwood.com.

Other News

View Recent Posts